Monday, May 9, 2016

Cebu City Trends In Development



I am not actually used to going to the city alone.  As a person who grew up in rural areas, I was never acquainted
 in traveling the busy street.  Last Saturday, April 30,2016, I was suddenly lost in the city. I was lost in SM. 
During my “nowhere-to-be found” adventure, I noticed some things that I have never noticed 
before- construction of new buildings, new malls, new infrastructures, drainages being set up, and roads that 
were “beautified”. The economic development of our country is a blast and it can clearly be seen in the 
developments made here in Cebu. Maybe because election is coming near, so politicians are trying to 
earn the public trust and woo us with these “improvements”. What I know for sure is that 
I have witnessed such progress in building and rebuilding the infrastructures that they tend to overlook 
the damage it has brought to our environment. The trees were cut down to pave way for the construction 
of malls and apparently there are so many malls already built- SM Seaside, Robinsons, Galleria, there was 
this mall or was it a grocery store (I’m not sure) that is located in Talamban and who knows? There may come a 
time when Cebu will be filled with so much malls and pollutants will grow in number and in the end, this city 
that we love so dearly isn’t the one we know of today. It will completely change, not like the one we used to 
know. The development trends of Cebu are more of economic developments and I believe that it is a good 
thing, except if people will become abusive of the temporary happiness and satisfaction these material 
things bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment