Monday, May 9, 2016

Dear Future President,



Dear Mr. President,

 You do not know me, but I sure do know you.  Every Filipino knows you, obviously. I am just a mere college 
student, who is obliged to write a letter to you in order to pass this subject. Nonetheless, I believe that this 
is my opportunity for my voice to be heard and my thoughts to be read.  I go by the name of Sarakiel Lamusao. 

I know that our country, the Philippines, has a lot of issues to deal with and being the newly elected president, 
you are to be responsible in carrying out the matters at hand. As a concerned citizen, I just wish for you to 
give importance to the problems regarding our environment, specifically the air and water pollution. We all 
know that above anything else, health is one of our priced possession. One cannot perform his tasks well if 
he is in no condition ot do so. So I have suggestions, Sir, like implementing STRICT laws stating that we are 
not allowed to throw our garbage and wastes into the seas or any bodies of water. There are so many nature 
conservation laws but the problem lies in how it is implemented and followed by everyone. Given the 
highest authority in our nation, I hope that you will be able to teach the lawbreakers about what discipline 
truly is. I also hope that our fellowmen will not be blinded by the power of what money has ahold of them 
because oftentimes, this leads to the irrational thinking of men. It wold also be better if we implement a 
coding system in vehicles not only in Manila and other busy cities, but in the entire Philippines. If public 
vehicles, like jeepneys, are to be properly “designed”, it would be more beneficial to the environment. 
Like here in San Carlos, Talamban Campus. Our shuttles aren’t just mere public transportation. They also serve a different purpose, entertainment. Others are equipped with 
TV, tablets that can play music videos, buzzers that serve as a signals for you to get off the shuttle 
and that lessens the effort of saying, “lugar lang” (I’ll get off here), and other stuff that give students 
so much fun. Hopefully, sir, this will happen to the other public transpos in our country. 
It would also be a great idea to transform the other cities into pedestrian cities. There will be no 
cars or motorcycles, just people walking by and bicycles passing through. There will be no roads, 
just pedestrian lanes and bicycle lanes. Other countries were adopting this kind of system and it 
is a success until now. Pollution will be lessened if traffic is not on sight. Regarding with water pollution, 
if possible, let the government mandate a coastal clean-up in all rivers and coastal areas. 
In order to entice the people to do this, an incentive will be given to the province with the cleanest bodies of water. In this way, the local government will work harder just to have the sweet price 
because what I learned from my Econ class is that everybody responds to incentives. 
I know that you have just started and the pressure is beyond what anyone can imagine, but may 
I just say that this is only a suggestion from a student and a concerned citizen. You may or may not 
respond to this but I do hope that you are listening/reading to what I have just said/written down. 
This will be all. Thank you and may God bless us all. 
Mabuhay!


Sincerely yours, 

 Sarakiel Lamusao

No comments:

Post a Comment